help us build community and preserve history
There are many ways to support the Canton Historical Society and help preserve YOUR history.
1. BUY THROUGH AMAZON SMILE
A great way to shop and donate at the same time!
Click here to read more about Amazon Smile.
2. THE CHS WISH LIST
So many things are needed to get our facility operating with efficiency and provide our guests with the best experience possible.
To see our most current Wish List, click here.
3. NAMING OPPORTUNITIES
Available on a first come basis, this is a unique opportunity to sponsor parts of the building. If you have the desire and means, this may be the perfect thing for you.
To see what Naming Opportunities are available, click here.
An opportunity for businesses and organizations to sponsor our ongoing efforts. A minimum amount of $1,000.00 will get your logo on our sponsor page and signage in our building's lobby. Of course we are quite willing to accept larger amounts as well.
5. FRIENDS OF THE SOCIETY
For individuals in our community and beyond, this is another way to help us. A minimum amount of $100.00 will have your name displayed in the building's lobby. Please give what you can.
6. DONATE ANY AMOUNT
Your tax-deductible donation will help support the many upcoming activities, exhibits, and town-wide events currently being planned by the Canton Historical Society.
- Click the button below which will take you to PayPal.
- Send a check made payable to Canton Historical Society to our mailing address of P.O. Box 605, Canton, ME 04221
- Contact us by email at CantonMEHistorical@gmail.com for addition instructions.
WINDOW REPLACEMENT SUPPORTERS - Thank You!
Brass Plaque Donations
- IN MEMORY OF JOHN T. AND HELEN E. LINDLEY, AND JAMES K. AND RUTH (LINDLEY) MARTIN Donation by Julie Martin, Doug Culver, Josh Bruck, Joe Carlson, Maria Martin, Carter Martin Allen, Duncan Lindley Allen, and John Martin
- IN HONOR OF JOHN M. DESHON 1805 - 1880 - Donation by Rene & Phyllis Ouellette
- IN HONOR OF BERNARD L. ADAMS, JR. & L. MABEL ADAMS AND CHARLES E. & BRENDA C. ADAMS - Donation by Prudy & Russell Adams
- IN HONOR OF 4 GENERATIONS OF GRANDPARENTS NAMED STROUT, starting with Jacob who came to Canton in 1809, left his farm on the Town Farm Road, to son Guilford, who left the farm to George, and my grandmother Lena who was born in Canton on the farm on January 3, 1900. Donation by Rob Marshall.
- CHARLES A. RAY
- MALCOLM H. RAY
- IN MEMORY OF DELMONT & ELEANOR DAVENPORT - Donation by their family (40+ strong!) Their window looks out upon their old homestead.
- IN MEMORY OF HENRY & HAZEL PARADIE - Donation by their family.
- IN MEMORY OF CHESTER AND MABEL FERRIS AND RICHARD FERRIS - Donation by David Ferris, Anne Chamberlin, and Carole Robbins
- IN LOVING MEMORY OF COLBY DAVIS - Donation by the Canton Hi-Riders Snowmobile Club.
- IN MEMORY OF BENJAMIN P. & ABIGAIL LOTHROP OF MEADOWVIEW - Donation by Sam Howes.
- IN MEMORY OF CARLETON CAMPBELL 1932 - 1981 - Donation by his Loving Family
- IN MEMORY OF A. HERBERT AND GLADYS STEVENS AND THEIR CHILDREN.
- IN MEMORY OF OUR PARENTS RALPH JR. & EUNICE CAMPBELL - Donation by their Children
- IN HONOR OF MY BELOVED ALL STAR FAMILY: JASON LEE, ALYVIA LEE, LUCAS VAN TUINEN, LILYAN LEE, EMMA VAN TUINEN, AND LUKAS LEE. I Love You All to the Moon and Back. - Donation by Sarah Jessica Frank
- IN MEMORY OF J. WESLEY & MARIE ADAMS - Donated by Connie Adams and Family
- IN MEMORY OF DAVID P. STOWELL & WIFE SOPHRONIA STANLEY - Donation by Peter Stowell and Family
- IN MEMORY OF THOMAS & RESPA DOUGHERTY - Donation by son, Gary Dougherty, and grandson, Robert Dougherty.
- CONANT FAMILY
- IN MEMORY OF LINDLEY - KIMBALL - ANSON (BUD) LINDLEY, WIFE S. PRISCILLA KIMBALL, AND THEIR SON DAVID - Donation by their children, Sylvia Stevens, Ann Dorris, and Janet Sullivan