help us build community and preserve history
There are many ways to support the Canton Historical Society and help preserve YOUR history.
1. BUY THROUGH AMAZON SMILE
When you purchase anything through Amazon.com, simple enter the Amazon site through Smile.Amazon.com, and sign in with your usual password. Then choose "Canton Historical Society" as your nonprofit. (Note: Please be sure to click the Canton, MAINE Historical Society and not the MA, OH, or other state.) It doesn't cost you anything extra and you will get the same prices on items as usual. Amazon donates .5% of each sale to the Canton Historical Society. It's win/win. Every little bit helps, so thank you for registering CHS as your Amazon Smile nonprofit. Pass the word to friends and family: https://smile.amazon.com/
2. THE CHS WISH LIST
Adopt-an-Item, or contribute toward the purchase. These items will help us get up-and-running for
community-wide events, historical exhibits, and facility rentals. Thank you!
Heating system upgrade - 2 zones, energy efficient - $16,500
Air conditioning system - zoned, add-on to heating system - $ 5,750
Front Porch Light - Replacement of fixture, flush mount - $75
Wireless router - building-wide internet - $303
Tablets - 5 Android, for research room/school groups/cashier station - $242 each
Lighting - chandelier upstairs great hall - $700
Flooring -kitchen - $1,750
Refrigerator - kitchen - $500
Oil Tank Fill-up - Ongoing - $770
Laser printer - office/archives/marketing - $580
Laptop for office/archives/researchers - $779
Electrical work - Outlets upstairs - $TBD
Folding tables (5) - 6" centerfold tables - $65 each
Folding chairs (30) - 5 chairs in a pack - $65 each pack
Railings for front porch and steps - $1,870
Conservation treatment of Persis painting - $ TBD
Archival Storage room build-out and supplies - $ TBD
ADA accessible doors (2) for downstairs restroom - $375 each
Grab Bar for ADA restroom - $30
HONDA portable generator - $1,500
Professional cleaning of entire building interior - $5,000
Built in dishwasher - $350
Fire extinguisher (ABC) - $50
First Aid Kit - $35
American Flag with Pole Kit - $25
3. DONATE ANY AMOUNT
Your tax-deductible donation will help support the many upcoming activities, exhibits, and town-wide events currently being planned by the Canton Historical Society.
WINDOW REPLACEMENT SUPPORTERS - Thank You!
Brass Plaque Donations
- IN MEMORY OF JOHN T. AND HELEN E. LINDLEY, AND JAMES K. AND RUTH (LINDLEY) MARTIN Donation by Julie Martin, Doug Culver, Josh Bruck, Joe Carlson, Maria Martin, Carter Martin Allen, Duncan Lindley Allen, and John Martin
- IN HONOR OF JOHN M. DESHON 1805 - 1880 - Donation by Rene & Phyllis Ouellette
- IN HONOR OF BERNARD L. ADAMS, JR. & L. MABEL ADAMS AND CHARLES E. & BRENDA C. ADAMS - Donation by Prudy & Russell Adams
- IN HONOR OF 4 GENERATIONS OF GRANDPARENTS NAMED STROUT, starting with Jacob who came to Canton in 1809, left his farm on the Town Farm Road, to son Guilford, who left the farm to George, and my grandmother Lena who was born in Canton on the farm on January 3, 1900. Donation by Rob Marshall.
- CHARLES A. RAY
- MALCOLM H. RAY
- IN MEMORY OF DELMONT & ELEANOR DAVENPORT - Donation by their family (40+ strong!) Their window looks out upon their old homestead.
- IN MEMORY OF HENRY & HAZEL PARADIE - Donation by their family.
- IN MEMORY OF CHESTER AND MABEL FERRIS AND RICHARD FERRIS - Donation by David Ferris, Anne Chamberlin, and Carole Robbins
- IN LOVING MEMORY OF COLBY DAVIS - Donation by the Canton Hi-Riders Snowmobile Club.
- IN MEMORY OF BENJAMIN P. & ABIGAIL LOTHROP OF MEADOWVIEW - Donation by Sam Howes.
- IN MEMORY OF CARLETON CAMPBELL 1932 - 1981 - Donation by his Loving Family
- IN MEMORY OF A. HERBERT AND GLADYS STEVENS AND THEIR CHILDREN.
- IN MEMORY OF OUR PARENTS RALPH JR. & EUNICE CAMPBELL - Donation by their Children
- IN HONOR OF MY BELOVED ALL STAR FAMILY: JASON LEE, ALYVIA LEE, LUCAS VAN TUINEN, LILYAN LEE, EMMA VAN TUINEN, AND LUKAS LEE. I Love You All to the Moon and Back. - Donation by Sarah Jessica Frank
- IN MEMORY OF J. WESLEY & MARIE ADAMS - Donated by Connie Adams and Family
- IN MEMORY OF DAVID P. STOWELL & WIFE SOPHRONIA STANLEY - Donation by Peter Stowell and Family
- IN MEMORY OF THOMAS & RESPA DOUGHERTY - Donation by son, Gary Dougherty, and grandson, Robert Dougherty.
- CONANT FAMILY
- IN MEMORY OF LINDLEY - KIMBALL - ANSON (BUD) LINDLEY, WIFE S. PRISCILLA KIMBALL, AND THEIR SON DAVID - Donation by their children, Sylvia Stevens, Ann Dorris, and Janet Sullivan